Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Alice Cooper speaks out on politics

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Deviant D:
    I believe the people of New York have spent the
    past weekend making their feelings heard about
    the forthcoming Republican's conference.

    As for 9/11, it was almost on open secret, that
    the CIA foiled its precursor - Operation Bojinka
    (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bojinka) -
    several years previous. Sadly, only internet media
    is/was even been interested in this.

    D.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">1) if you think those were the 'people of new york', I have a bridge to sell you. Most of those peeps came in from outside places to protest. That said, A) what'd they actually have to say and B) if those same were protesting the DNC, what would your opinions be? Some people from NY were actually planning on protesting the protesters but, alas, weren't allowed the necessary permits. Hence, they were silenced.

    2) I don't know about you, but I'd personally rather not be a party to the activities of the CIA throughout the world, regardless of their outcome. Are you actually saying that you find the CIA's actions to be beneficial for a change?

  2. #62
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Deviant D:
    Lycan said:

    'That said, A) what'd they actually have to say and
    B) if those same were protesting the DNC, what would
    your opinions be?'

    I'd opine, I believe the people of So-and-so have
    spent the past weekend making their feelings heard
    about the forthcoming Democrat's conference.

    'Are you actually saying that you find the CIA's actions
    to be beneficial for a change?'

    I'm saying that, on a grand scale, they succeed
    as often as the fail - which isn't a good pecentage
    for any organisation.

    --

    Carl said:

    'As long as Bobby has a toy that Billy wants, we will
    never get along, and there will never be peace.'

    So we should choose a more egalitarian-Marxist way
    of life, then?

    D.
    <font size="4" face="Arial">Democrat's conference was last month at last check.

  3. #63
    Inactive Member Sandi Glam's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2003
    Posts
    283
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not to make a particular issue out of this, but the reason the protests are as large as they is because of the convention site being in New York City. It is very true that many people have traveled to New York to protest the Republican convention, however...

    New York City is THE liberal capital of this country. All urban locations tend to lean pretty heavily to the left, but New York City even moreso. New York City has a residential population of roughly 8 million, and a worker population of roughtly 20 million, and most polls show the people of New York to be in excess of 90% Democrat, and only about 4-5% Republican. The people of New York by and large don't want the Republicans there. Obviously after living there for four years I have many friends there, and from what I've heard, many New Yorkers are either out of town to avoid the crowds, or are protesting the convention.

    If I still lived there, I can guarantee that I would be down there protesting too... [img]smile.gif[/img]

    And about the post that said vote the man, not the party. That's fine, unless you have a personal ideology that aligns heavily to one side. Because I believe in a woman's right to choose, because I believe that guns have no place in our society, because I believe that there should be no death penalty, because I believe that paying high taxes is fine as long as the money goes to help those less fortunate (not to a meaningless war), and because I support the rights of all minorities, whether sexual, racial, or religious, I vote for the Democrat 95% of the time. As stated before, I'm no huge fan of John Kerry, but with only a few exceptions, I disagree with virtually everything the Republican Party stands for, so unless we find a real left-leaning Republican, I won't be voting for any of them any time soon, regardless of how much I like the Democrat.

    You can't accuse me of Republican bashing though. George Ryan, the former Republican Governor of Illinois would have gotten my vote if ever I could have voted for him. He's the only Republican I know of who had the courage to see the immense wrongs of capital punishment, and commuted every death sentence in Illinois to a life sentence. He's a real hero of mine, and I would be honored to vote for him if he ever runs for an office I can vote for here in Missouri...

    Sandi

  4. #64
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'Democrat's conference was last month at last check.'

    I was speaking suppositionally, as I'm sure
    you were aware.

    D.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Excuse my ignorance, as I am not too sure what style of life that would be. But IMO, the cats and dogs will always fight as they always have. There will never be world peace, as there never has been. I am not saying you should choose to live anyway in particular, but just realize that human nature will always keep us from peace. Do what YOU can to live life right by yourself and others, and maybe with a little luck you can influence the people around you, and in that group of people, something decent will happen. But to think that somebody 1000 miles away from you will change, and start to see things like you, that will never happen. Somebody will always want to be top dog, and they will fight to be so.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •